1. Engaging Web Design
It doesn’t matter if you have the best product possible in your niche and the best cj Marketing service on top of that—if your store’s web design is lousy, your online business presence is doomed. According to a cj shopping, 93% of buyers consider visual appearance to be the most important factor when making a purchase.
2. Define Your Sales Cycle
Every business is unique. How long does it take before a customer makes a purchase on your site? Knowing how customers move through your sales process can be helpful so that you can create the best ecommerce marketing strategies possible.
If you don’t know how long it takes a customer to complete your sales cycle it will be difficult to pinpoint which platforms you should be advertising on, when you should be aggressively retargeting or sending emails. Does your customer convert in a week, a month, a year? Defining your sales cycle will require some research as well as testing. Once you have this down you can move on to our next ecommerce marketing strategies.
3. Try Personalizing the Home Page
Personalization is a technique that records what customers viewed or visited on their last session on your website and makes new buying suggestions on every following visit based on past experience in the store. This can be a personalization based on previous behavior such as previous purchases or based on real-time data such as a location or time.
4. Give customers the option to keep shopping.
If customers are given the option to keep shopping before they check out they might consider it and continue checking out. But a lot of the time customers will continue to browse your site just to make sure they didn’t miss anything. Ecommerce marketing strategies like this are easy to incorporate into your checkout process. Simply add a “keep shopping” button next to your “continue checkout” button. Make sure they are both easy to find on your web page.
5. An Awesome “About Us” Page
If a visitor goes to your “About Us” page, that means they are already interested in you and are giving you a chance to prove to him or her that your product is the best. What you need to do is clearly spell out what you are, what you do, and, most importantly, what you offer to the clients. All testimonials, achievements, and any kind of social proof is welcome there.
Make sure you don’t waste this opportunity as it may lead to gaining a customer.Your contact information should be clear and easy to find on your about page and throughout your website as well. Be sure to mention your:
- Contact email
- Social media channels
6. Focus on Consistent and Unique Content
Why? Because content marketing is still one of the most effective marketing strategies you can apply today. The world of advertising is constantly changing, consumers are trying to avoid ads in many ways. With content strategy implemented the right way in your e-commerce business, you can provide more value to your customers.
To do this, you first need to understand your customers and how your product would help them and solve their problems. The main thing is to focus your content production around your customer’s problems and what value you can provide to them.
Don’t forget to first understand your target audience, what their interests are, their demographics data etc. When done the next step is to make a plan for your posts. Publish relevant, valuable articles with good and easy-to-share options. Best tips for good-looking content is to include:
- Lists – They are more readable from paragraphs.
- Headlines with “How to” text drive more readers.
- Topical posts – Which are relevant to something trendy and popular.
Do tests with headlines, measure how well different types of content work, which generates the most traffic to your online store, and which of them led to the most sales.
7. Make Your Site SEO-Friendly
Your online store has to receive traffic in order for purchases to happen. The key to generating traffic? Search engine optimization. By incorporating SEO keywords into your product titles and descriptions, your site is more likely to rank higher in search engine results. The increased visibility is the key ingredient for greater site visits and more conversions.
If you’re unsure about how to find SEO-friendly keywords or how to incorporate them into your store, check out this helpful guide on SEO optimization of ecommerce websites.
Here are a few actionable tips for making your site SEO-friendly:
- Use SEO tools to find keywords that have high-enough monthly search volumes and low enough keyword difficulty for your site to rank.
- Type in SEO keywords you’re considering adding to your product pages to see which results you’ll be competing with. If the results are major sites, consider changing your term to something less competitive.
8. Ensure Your Store is Mobile-Responsive
With the growing use of phones for online shopping, merchants have to ensure that their site design is mobile-friendly to make sure buyers can make purchases, no matter what device they’re using. Tech-savvy sellers can check operating system requirements, like these iOS guidelines, to ensure that their site is responsive. Merchants can also use online store design templates that are already set to be mobile-responsive to make their site device-friendly.
Here are a few actionable tips for ensuring your site is mobile-responsive.
- Opt for vertical designs over horizontal designs for easier scrolling and viewing your content on phone screens.
- Test out your store’s mobile responsiveness by loading it onto a phone and browsing through to check for errors.
9. Build Your Outreach List
Growing your business involves more than your customers — you also have to reach out to individuals in your industry that can help you reach more buyers within your target audience. Networking with the right groups allows merchants to generate product buzz and extend their reach to connect with as many customers as possible. Sellers should consider reaching out to:
- Traditional reporters — writers at publications who specialize in your industry and can create content about your products
- Industry bloggers — writers who create content on blogs that focus on your industry and showcase products like yours
- Social media influencers — people who comment about your industry on social media and have a large number of followers
- Similar entrepreneurs — like-minded entrepreneurs who are engaged in your industry and are familiar with your products
These four groups can quickly spread the word around your product, so it’s worth reaching out to network and share why you might be valuable to work with.
10. Improve Your Social Media Strategy
The social media strategy your marketing team prepares should be connected with your content strategy. The content creation from your e-commerce website should be published and shared on social media, as this guarantees you a larger audience and boosted visibility.
Visual social networks such as Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest, are usually best for online shops that are selling products, however, don’t underestimate Twitter and Facebook as more than 75% of all internet users are also there.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution, but here is a basic list of general guidelines you can check to see if your content follows in order to create the best customer experience for your clients:
- Post daily and consistently.
- Consider an automated tool to make sure your posts are on track.
- Always use images when posting, even on Twitter.
- Do not spam.
- Do not use social media for promotions only, engage with your customers.
- Use analytics to track your audience’s engagement.
- Test multiple social media marketing strategies before picking the right one for your business.
But how are we so sure social media marketing strategies can help your e-commerce business? Check some benefits that come with a well-tailored social media campaign:
- Gathering information about your customer’s online behavior allows for the creation of targeted ads.
- Building strong relationships with people. Daily communication with your customers helps any business to answer the buyer’s needs and provide a better user experience.
- Unique and high-quality posts on social media expand brand awareness and convert people to brand ambassadors.
- Better customer support – Over 67% of consumers use social media platforms for customer support. If your business answers are timely and really help your customers, they can get viral.
- The cost efficiency – The fastest and cheapest way of connecting with your customers.
- Higher conversion rates – In 2015, Facebook influenced 52 percent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 percent in 2014. Imagine those stats in 2018.